Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to work tomorrow :o(

It was an uneventful weekend here. My typical Saturday consists of errands, groceries, lunch at my parents and then home to do my chores and make supper. I do my best to make it to my parents every Saturday for lunch since I moved out of the city. I bought the house next door to them and now that I have moved they (and I) look forward to our weekly visits. My lunches at that folks don't always follow my weight loss plan though. This week was a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. Not as bad as it sounds. They are actually really quick and easy to make. Saute peppers and onions, add deli roast beef cut in slices, cook slightly and add Cheese Whiz. Cook till it melts. Put on a toasted bun and voila lunch..

Before lunch I took mom for a drive over the old bridge to see the "Bras across the bridge". The fundraiser for the CIBC Run for the Cure. C100 estimated there were 8000 of them, and for each one a dollar was donated. I thought is was a great way to generate $$ and interest.
So for supper I decided to make pizza, one of my favorite foods. Last week I made pizza geared towards my liking Louisiana Cajun Chicken Pizza with Red Onion Relish. YUMMY!!! My honey of course prefers meat lovers so this week was for him. I try to make it as healthy as possible by adding a few veggies to mine but really, it's meat lovers so what's a girl to do.

After supper it was time to relax with my honey with some wine and a movie. We don't get to do that allot. He works 12hr days 6 days a week, his day off being Wednesday. Of course I work through the week so It's nice when we do get a chance to relax together.

Today I managed to work out which was a treat. I've been in too much pain lately to do much. I thought I would do some Pilates (40 min power pilates workout). Hopefully that worked off some of the pizza.

I had a head of cauliflower I had to use up today so I searched for something to do with it. I found a recipe for curried cauliflower soup I thought I would try. It was easy to make, healthy and tasted really good. You can find it here if you want to check it out. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/03/curried-cauliflower-soup-with-honey-recipe.html




The true test will be when hubby tries it. He is anti-vegetable so we'll see what he thinks.

That used up half of the cauliflower but I still have half left. I found something that suggested using it as a replacement for cous cous so I thought I would try it in my tabouleh as a replacement for bulgar. I was skeptical, I didn't want my tabouleh to taste like cauliflower but it worked out great. You just pulse the raw cauliflower in the food processor till it is the size of bulgar or cous cous.


That's it for today. I need to get a head start on my work for tomorrow (I've been avoiding doing it all weekend).

Bye for now
Jackie

No comments: