Saturday, November 28, 2009

Breathing a Sigh of Relief

I guess I haven't gotten off to a very good start with this blog, since it has been over a month since I last posted. We'll see if I can put in a little more effort.

So the last few days were not good to say the least. One of our fur children, our 13 year old golden retriever was not doing well. It all started with a little limp Wednesday night. We didn't think too much of it since he is 13 and has had a limp off and on before but it never lasts. Anyway Thursday morning he struggled to get up so hubby helped him up but he wouldn't walk. He did eat his breakfast and we took him outside to do his stuff, but he still wouldn't walk. We had to go to work, so asked the neighbor to watch him. Through the day she called hubbie and said "he was breaking her heart". He wouldn't get up for her. We couldn't get an appointment at our vet until Friday. Upon my return home from work, he seemed quite a bit better, he got up for me was walking around, he still had a limp, but was up and around so we thought he was on the mend.

Then Thursday morning came. He wouldn't get up again. Hubby got him up and he tried to walk, but had no control and was falling over. We were beside ourselves, it was heartbreaking to see him like that. I took the day off work to stay home with him, (I'm sure I'll get grief about that on Monday), and we were taking him to the vet in the afternoon.

I think both of us cried all the way to the vet thinking we were going to get bad news and might not be able to bring our beloved pup home.

Thankfully, that was not the case. Turns out his muscles are in spasm and this is effecting his nerves, so he was prescribed Robaxacet and massage therapy. Yes you read that right we have to massage him a few times a day or whenever he will let us. She also suggested acupuncture for him, I'm thinking I might take him with me next week when I go to my acupuncture appointment. Maybe I could get a 2 for one deal.

Our buddy is home, feeling better and that is all that matters.




No comments: