Monday, January 18, 2010

Amazing Grass & Larabars

After reading about Amazing Grass on everyones blogs, I had to try it. I have become a fan of the Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfood unfortunately it is hard to come by here in Halifax. Not too mention it's a little pricey too. I think it was over $40 + tax at Planet Organic when I called. Anyway I found it online at http://www.well.ca/. They don't have a huge selection but I have emailed them and they said if they get more requests they will look at expanding. The Chocolate Superfood is $32.99 plus tax (and no shipping within Canada) for the 8.5 oz (30 serving) container. They also sell Larabars by the box but they always seem to be sold out.

I still have an unopened container of the Amazing Grass Wheatgrass in my cupboard but I'm kinda scared to try it. I'm pretty sure it's not a taste I'm going to enjoy but from what I hear it is great stuff.

If you haven't tried any Amazing Grass products Jaime over at http://www.embracingbalance.com is having an amazing giveaway of their products.

Off to watch some TV and enjoy a cup of Decaf mint tea before bed.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I haven't tried the wheatgrass either. Apparently it's not so bad if mixed with vanilla soy or almond milk. Scary! :)

I'm going to order direct from AG. The shipping is a bit much, but they have been unbelievably good to me and I'd like to give them the business. I too tried Planet Organic, but they don't carry the Amazing Meal for some reason. Silly!

Jackie said...

I haven't been able to get th Amazing Meal here either so I was just adding Bolthouse mochacino or vanilla chai to get the protein with a splash of Almond Breeze.

My sister inlaw is in the States every couple of weeks for work so I have been getting her to pick up the Amazing Grass and Larabars for me there.

JavaChick said...

I am reluctant to buy a whole container of Amazing Grass without knowing if I'll like it.

I love those Bolthouse Perfectly Protein drinks though. They are like having dessert.