Monday, March 22, 2010

Food Catch-Up

I haven’t been posting much on the food front lately, mostly because its been a lot of the same. 

Breakfast has included lots of these .  My not so green, green monster.

                 SMOOTHIE

In the blender

  • 2 cups organic baby spinach
  • 1 cup UCAB
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 tbsp ground flax
  • sprinkle of chia seeds or 1 tbsp chia gel
  • 1 scoop of AG Chocolate Superfood

YUM!! YUM!! YUM!!

Lunch is usually a bucket of salad, with the usual mixed greens,  arugala, assorted veggies, sunflower seeds, feta, a squeeze of lemon, egg whites, lots of ground pepper, and dressing of choice.

                 IMG_0750

 

There have also been lots of these in the mix for both lunch and supper  Black Bean Burgers that I first found on Lynn’s blog.  I love these things, and the boy will eat them too, so it’s a win win for me.

               IMG_0801

A side of Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash fries with some Tzatziki for dipping… DELISH!!

There have been a lot of stir fries as of late too, but no pics of these.  Baby Bok Choy is my latest favorite ingredient to add into the mix. 

I was even adventurous one night and made some Kale Chips. I had never tried Kale before so I figured that might be a good way to go for my first time.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  Are they a “potato chip” substitute, no… but they make for a good snack.  I sprinkled mine with some salt.  The kale gets crunchy, and sort of melts in your mouth. 

So there you have it, nothing too earth shattering going on in the food department but good eats all the same.

~~Jackie

No comments: