Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saturday Fun

Good day bloggies!!  Hope you’re having a great weekend.  I was shocked and happy that hubby decided to take Saturday off.  This is a record for him, 3 days off since May, and pretty much the only 3 days I’ve seen him for more than an hour or two since January.  He’s a little bit of a workaholic. 

We had another gorgeous summer day yesterday so we invited a few friends over for a day on the lake.  This meant spending the morning cleaning and a trip to the grocery store to pick up some BBQ supplies.  It was kind of last minute  and for the most part  everyone already had plans and since moving out of the city we have a hard time getting our friends to make the 15-20 min drive to visit.  As a result we only had one guest, which was fine with me.

I had a couple of adult beverages before heading out in the boat for our first cruise of the summer.

              IMG_0970

Sad that we’ve had such gorgeous weather so far this summer and it was almost the end of July before we got out in the boat. 

We live on beautiful Porters Lake.  It’s over 20kms in length and if your daring enough to take your boat through Rocky Run you can venture out into the ocean.  We aren’t that brave, so we just hang out on the lake.  A typical day on the lake usually includes stopping to tie up with some of the other boaters and socialize.  I wish I had a picture to show you, but I don’t like to take the camera out on the boat.  Anyway one boat ties off to a buoy, and the rest tie off to each other so you can travel from boat to boat without getting in the water.  Most of the boats have their own sleeping and bathroom facilities (ours doesn’t it’s the baby of the group), so it’s not as inconvenient as it might sound.  For our first day on the lake this year we were out for 3 or  hours so all in all it was a good first cruise.  Here are a couple of pics from previous outings.

N02_1267

This is an annual event for charity, the Sea-doo, poker run.  We were ahead of all the boats taking a pic of them coming towards us.  We don’t have a “Sea-do” boat so can’t officially participate.

N02_1425

This is a father and daughter.  I have no idea how she manages to stay on the back of that thing. 

IMG_0187

This picture doesn’t do justice to the fountain. It is really pretty at night when it is lit up.  Yes this is a private residence there are some very, very large houses on the lake.

One of our neighbors was turning 50 so we had to get home and get ready for the party.  Unfortunately for us we were starving when we got back so we ate before going over.  I had a large salad and a PC Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon.  The filet was really good which surprised me.   Had I known what the menu at the party was going to be I probably would have waited.  They had Chef Aldo prepare all of the food. There was a hip of beef, a table full of salads, cake, and brownies.  I never made it to the kitchen so I didn’t see everything that was in there.  It looked amazing and everyone was raving about it.  We were just too full to try it.  smile_sad  Again no pictures.  I really must learn to take my camera and actually use it.   After the eats they had a DJ playing some music so a good time was had by all.  Oh, I almost forgot to show you what he bought his wife for her birthday….

                 bmw convertible

Yes that’s right a BMW convertible…. and I thought I was living large when I got my KA Food Processor a couple of weeks ago.

Bye for now.

~~Jackie

No comments: