Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Quest For The Perfect Pizza

No you're not seeing things this really is the fourth blog post in a row.  I don't know what's gotten into me.


Hubby has been on a quest to make the perfect pizza. His plan is to open some kind of Pizza place that also has some other foods in there as well.  I keep trying to talk him into having healthy food, and he is on board with the healthier side of Greek/Mediterranean/Lebanese food which just happen to be some of my favorites. He also plans on building a pizza oven outside for us at the house.  Unfortunately it's been a few years in the planning stage.  He just can't get enough time to actually build the thing.


Needless to say there's been a lot of pizza going on over here.  On the menu tonight.... yup you guess it Pizza.



Not the best picture.  It's been so long since I've used my camera I keep using the wrong settings.

Toppings  - Spicy Sausage from Pete's
              - Bacon
              - Prosciutto
              - Ground Beef
              - Buffalo Mozz
              - Basic sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes.  I use them as much as possible when I'm cooking.  They really are the best!!

No veggies on this pizza, they are taboo for hubby. 

Once assembled, to the BBQ it went.  Pizza on the BBQ is about 1000 times better than pizza in the oven in my opinion.  In the quest for the perfect pizza he had a little something up his sleeve.  
He picked up some cherry wood to add some extra heat so it would cook faster and give some added flavour. He let it burn to coals then put the pizza in on the other side of the grill.  The pizza wasn't directly on the grill we have one of the pizza pans with all the holes in it so the air circulates around it.
A few turns so it wouldn't burn then 10-12 mins later the finished product in all it's cheesy bubbly goodness.

I think the quest just might be over, he may have made the perfect pizza.  It was delish!!

Don't forget next time you make pizza give it a try on the BBQ, you won't regret it I promise.  

Have a good night everyone.

~~ Jackie








No comments: